ESOP Webinar Series Part 1: The Effect of Biden Tax Proposals on ESOP Companies
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Kreischer Miller has launched a 5-part ESOP webinar series with topics that will be applicable to both companies that are already structured as an ESOP as well as those that may be considering converting to an ESOP. Keep an eye out for more information about the full series of events, coming shortly.
Part 1 of our ESOP webinar series explored President Biden’s tax proposals and their possible impact to ESOP transactions and companies, including the potential for increased capital gain rates, elimination of step-up in basis, and increased corporate tax rates. We considered the effects on ESOP valuations and repurchase obligations, and whether an ESOP transaction will be more or less attractive to potential sellers.
Agenda items included:
- Impact of proposed legislation on ESOP transaction structuring and ESOP companies
- Use of ESOP tax deferral strategies to defer capital gains tax
- Tax consequences of selling your S Corporation business to an ESOP
- Larry Silver, Director, Tax Strategies
- Katrina Samarin, Manager, Tax Strategies
- Andrew Berger, Manager, Tax Strategies
Click here to download the slides from the presentation.
Watch the rebroadcast:
Watch the Rest of Kreischer Miller’s Complimentary ESOP Webinar Series below: