Why Kreischer Miller?
Experts Who Understand Your Industry Specific Needs
Not-for-profit organizations have unique accounting, advisory, and tax needs ranging from financial reporting and internal control reviews to tax filings and software selection. We understand the complex regulatory, accounting, and compliance issues faced by not-for-profit organizations as well as the day-to-day challenges impacting management and governing boards.
We have extensive knowledge and experience gained from decades of working with not-for-profit organizations of all sizes and types - including social service organizations, membership associations, long-term care facilities, educational and cultural organizations, museums, religious institutions, and foundations - which allows us to understand the special environment in which your organization operates and to provide tailored advice.
Building Meaningful Relationships and Valuing Your Mission
We share your commitment to your mission and goals of improving the quality of life in our community. We understand that when we work with and build impactful relationships with our not-for-profit clients, we are growing together and fostering a positive change within these organizations and beyond.
We are dedicated to providing educational resources on timely topics, empowering management and your board members to make more informed decisions, and working proactively to provide meaningful solutions to your business. Our goal is to provide useful analyses and advice that helps our clients maximize their mission while minimizing their risk.
Assurance and Advisory Services for Not-for-Profits and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
- Compliance audits and reporting in accordance with the Uniform Guidance (previously OMB Circular A-133)
- Compliance audits and reporting in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (the Yellow Book)
- Accounting treatment and reporting practices associated with donor restrictions
- Consulting in regards to management’s assessment of its policies, procedures, and the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Assessment of risks and the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Compliance and consulting for the establishment of overhead rates
- Consulting for the implementation of governance best practices
- Board and committee educational sessions addressing review and understanding of financial reports
- Training on and implementation of complex accounting standards
- Cyber and information security assessments and programs
- Retained executive search services including permanent executive recruiting, compensation consulting, and organizational assessments
- Talent optimization program that includes creating high-performing teams, unlocking productivity, and boosting employee retention
Tax Services for Not-for-Profits and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Compliance and consulting for Federal Form 990, 990T, and 990PF
- Compliance and consulting for various state filings
- Assisting with unrelated business income Tax (UBIT) planning and reporting
- Compliance and consulting for IRS reporting requirements pertaining to certain investments and related activities
- Analysis of executive compensation, excess benefit transactions, and related reporting
- Consulting for state and local tax reporting
- Consulting for sales and use tax registrations and reporting
- Consulting with regards to the formation of taxable and non-taxable subsidiaries/joint ventures
- Consulting with regards to organizational restructuring
- Review and analysis of uncertain tax positions and compliance with maintaining tax-exempt status
- Addressing reporting methods should the mission evolve beyond the original tax-exempt purpose
- Assisting with voluntary compliance programs