Kathleen O. Galaska, CPA
Director, Audit & Accounting
Areas of Specialization
Katie is a Director in Kreischer Miller's Audit & Accounting group. Katie is passionate about education and relationship building when working with both her clients and Kreischer Miller team members.
Katie has a wide range of experience providing audit, accounting and business advisory services to a variety of businesses, including in the not-for profit, governmental, and manufacturing industries. She also educates not-for-profit organizations on the auditing and reporting requirements under Uniform Guidance (single audits). Katie works with clients on implementing various recommendations for improved policies and increased efficiencies as well as evaluating internal control procedures.
Katie serves as an instructor for several of Kreischer Miller’s in-house training seminars and is an active member of the firm’s Not-for-Profit and Manufacturing Industry Groups. She has also presented on various industry hot topics including the role of board members vs. management and cyber security risks for not-for-profits.
Katie serves as a career counselor to help team members identify and navigate their individualized career paths within the firm as well as develop the technical and professional skills needed to provide value-added advice to clients. She also actively recruits and interviews prospective team members for Kreischer Miller.
As part of her MBA capstone project, Katie was instrumental in the founding of Kreischer Miller’s RISE (Retain | Invest | Support | Empower) Women’s Network, a comprehensive program for women that provides them with opportunities to connect as a team, learn from one another, and grow their careers. RISE also provides women with an ability to draw on the support of a community of team members who can relate to one another’s experiences and goals.
Katie joined Kreischer Miller in 2012. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, Katie was a staff accountant at a local accounting firm in Knoxville, Tennessee, where her responsibilities included providing audit and accounting services for not-for-profit and governmental entities, in addition to tax services for individuals and not-for-profit organizations.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Messiah University Graduate Business and Leadership – Board of Advisors
- Girls Code the World – Director of Finances and Accounting, Board of Directors
- Power Your Potential – Montgomery County Women’s Conference for the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Montgomery County – Committee Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. – Messiah College
- B.S. Accounting – Messiah College
- Advanced Single Audit Certificate – Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)