ESOP Webinar Series Part 5: Using Your ESOP Plan as an Acquisition Tool
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
8:30am - 9:45am
Welcome to Kreischer Miller's 5-part ESOP webinar series with topics that will be applicable to both companies that are already structured as an ESOP as well as to those that may be considering converting to an ESOP.
Part 5 of our ESOP webinar series: The sale of a business to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) allows an owner to tap into the value of their company while providing unique tax advantages and long-term benefits to employees. This educational discussion addressed how the unique attributes of ESOP plans can assist an ESOP-owned company in executing an acquisition strategy.
This session is best suited for existing ESOP companies interested in acquisitions as part of their growth strategy.
Agenda items included:
- How acquisitions can fit as a strategy with an ESOP plan
- How to leverage ESOP ownership as an advantage in making acquisitions
- Tax benefits unique to ESOP transactions and how they can be valuable to a company looking to sell
- Structural considerations regarding how to execute an acquisition by an ESOP-owned company
- Mario Vicari, Director, Kreischer Miller
- Edward Renenger, Shareholder, Stevens & Lee
- Michael McCauley, Board Member, VP – Corporate Strategy, Lane Enterprises Holdings, LLC
- Bob Whalen, CEO, HB Global LLC
Watch the video:
Watch the Rest of Kreischer Miller’s Complimentary ESOP Webinar Series below:
Kreischer Miller has specialty expertise in ESOP plans, consulting and accounting services. Visit our dedicated page on the topic to learn more, and read our article, 5 Questions to Determine Whether an ESOP is Right for Your Company, for deeper understanding.