Katrina R. Samarin, CPA, MT
Director, Tax Strategies
Areas of Specialization
Katrina is a Director in Kreischer Miller's Tax Strategies group. Katrina serves as a proactive and responsive tax advisor to her clients’ needs including tax compliance, tax planning, and tax research for corporations, partnerships, trusts, and high-net-worth individuals. She is forward-looking to keep her clients compliant and well informed on the changing tax landscape.
Katrina works with a broad range of privately-held businesses including those in the manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate, and service industries. She assists clients with multi-state compliance obligations and international tax planning. She also has experience in assisting her clients through federal, state, and local audits.
Katrina is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) specialist and is actively involved with the firm’s ESOP Group. She assists companies and shareholders with planning their ESOP transactions and is an experienced advisor in Section 1042 tax deferral.
As a member of Kreischer Miller’s Manufacturing Industry Group, Katrina assists in the development and instruction of in-house professional training on topics relating to the manufacturing industry. She also assists a number of manufacturing clients in maximizing tax savings through utilization of an Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC).
Katrina is also actively involved with recruitment and retainment efforts at the firm, serving as a career advisor to developing accountants at Kreischer Miller.
Katrina joined Kreischer Miller in 2010 upon graduation from college.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, Former Co-chair “Women of the PICPA” Committee (Greater Philadelphia Chapter) (May 2015 to April 2019)
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- M.T. – Villanova University School of Law
- B.S. – Accounting, West Chester University
- 2017 Young Leader Award recipient, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants