Areas of Specialization
Mark provides business advisory, audit, and accounting services to clients in a variety of industries, including construction, distribution, investment management, and manufacturing. He assists businesses in acquisition due diligence, internal control evaluations, corporate governance, succession planning, and financing.
Mark has significant experience in the investment industry, including traditional audits, Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) compliance, operational due diligence, and Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports. He provides audit and compliance services for asset managers, broker-dealers, and investment funds in a variety of asset classes. He also performs GIPS verifications and examinations, as well as consulting on GIPS compliance.
Mark has traveled throughout North America and Europe to assist investors in understanding the operational risk inherent in their investment managers’ operations. He develops and performs tests for service organization control reporting and his experience allows him to understand his clients’ needs across all asset classes and structures.
Mark also has significant experience in the construction industry and is the Construction Industry Group Co-Leader where he develops and provides internal and external training on construction-related topics. In addition to providing traditional audit services, he assists with bonding/credit analysis, benchmarking, accounting department assessments, succession planning, and other consulting services to general contractors, specialty contractors, heavy and highway, architects and engineers, material suppliers, and equipment dealers.
Mark joined Kreischer Miller in 2001 upon graduation from college.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Beuter Run Management, LLC – Chairman of 30 member limited liability company that manages more than 1,500 acres of oil and gas rights in Tioga County, Pennsylvania
- East Point Fish & Game Club – President
- Free Library of Northampton Township – Board Member
- Associated Builders and Contractors Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter – Board Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Certification in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM)
- B.S. – Accounting, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania