HORSHAM, PA, March 7, 2019 — Kreischer Miller, a leading independent accounting, tax, and business advisory firm serving the Greater Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley areas, today announced the launch of RISE (Retain | Invest | Support | Empower), a network for women in the firm. RISE provides opportunities for women to connect as a team, learn from one another, and grow their careers.
RISE programs include:
- Formal and informal mentoring and career guidance
- Book studies and TED Talk roundtables
- Cross-functional and generational panel discussions
- Participation in external women-focused networking events
- Informal social activities and team-building opportunities
“Establishing RISE is a tangible representation of Kreischer Miller’s commitment to cultivating an environment where all of our team members feel that they can come to work every day and be supported and empowered to do their best work for our clients,” said Bobbi Kelly, Kreischer Miller’s Director of Human Resources. “We are especially excited to make this announcement the same week as International Women’s Day, a global event that celebrates the achievements of women.”
The RISE network is enhanced by the work-life integration programs the firm announced last month. These programs – available to all employees – include:
- Core Hours: Under the Core Hours program, client-facing employees have the opportunity to customize their working hours to accommodate personal commitments.
- Parental Leave: The parental leave policy provides time for parents to bond with their new child (whether by birth or adoption). Mothers receive eight weeks of leave at full pay; fathers receive two weeks of leave at full pay. In addition, mothers who would like to gradually return to a full-time schedule after maternity leave can take advantage of a full-time salary for a part-time schedule during the first 30-days of transition back to full-time employment.
- Alternative Work Arrangements: Beyond the Core Hours program, the firm offers a number of ways for employees to design their schedules to meet work and personal commitments, including part-time, flex-time, or full-time adjusted schedules.
- Counseling and Mentoring: Employees are matched with counselors and mentors who can provide guidance that is personalized to their career goals and individual circumstances.
- Personalized Growth Paths: The firm works with each team member to develop a personalized growth path that aligns their talents, skills, and career plans to the firm’s needs.
“As the name suggests, RISE offers the tools, support, and flexibility for women in our firm to thrive in their careers and assume more active leadership roles,” said Chris Meshginpoosh, Kreischer Miller’s Managing Director. “Our firm can only be strengthened by providing all of our team members equal opportunities and fostering an environment in which we have a diversity of ideas and opinions.”
About Kreischer Miller
Kreischer Miller is a leading independent accounting, tax, and advisory firm serving the Greater Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley areas. The firm is built to respond to the unique needs of growth-oriented private companies, helping them smoothly transition through growth phases, business cycles, and ownership changes. Kreischer Miller offers a wide range of services, including Audit & Accounting, Tax Strategies, Business Advisory, Human Capital Resources, and Technology Solutions across an array of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate, not-for-profits, media, government contracting, professional services, family-owned businesses, and investment firms. The firm provides insight and creative services to organizations that need to be able to quickly adapt and respond to changing market opportunities and challenges. To learn more, call us at 215.441.4600 or contact us.