Thursday, July 8, 2021
Welcome to Kreischer Miller’s 5-part ESOP webinar series with topics that will be applicable to both companies that are already structured as an ESOP as well as those that may be considering converting to an ESOP.
Part 2 of our ESOP webinar series discussed how each year many ESOP companies are sold which is often counter to the original wishes of the founding owners and inconsistent with the original reason for forming an ESOP. These situations are avoidable with the proper governance and board oversight that balances the interests of the company and the employees with the role of the ESOP trustee.
Agenda items included:
- Review of the circumstances and structure that lead to an unintended sale
- Discussion about governance policies and language in corporate documents that can prevent unintended sales
- How to balance the role of the board with the ESOP trustee
- Using B Corps and other strategies to prevent an unintended sale
- Mario Vicari, Director, Kreischer Miller
- Ken Baker, CEO, NewAge Industries
- Jim Steiker, President & CEO, SES Advisors
- William Stockwell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer, Stockwell Elastomerics
Watch the rebroadcast:
Watch the Rest of Kreischer Miller’s Complimentary ESOP Webinar Series below: