Areas of Specialization
Vanessa has a wide range of experience providing audit and advisory services to a variety of privately held companies in distribution, media, professional service, and retail industries. Vanessa specializes in employee benefit plan audits and has extensive experience with defined contribution and defined benefit plans, ESOPs, and health and welfare plans. She has worked with small single employer plans, large corporations with multiple types of plans, and large multi-employer plans. She provides assistance with plan compliance issues and best practice recommendations. Vanessa also assists in the firm’s Quality Control function to ensure that employee benefit plan engagements comply with professional standards.
Lastly, Vanessa is actively involved in firm-wide training on accounting topics.
Vanessa joined Kreischer Miller in 2007 upon her graduation from college.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, member of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, former chairperson of the Accounting & Auditing Steering Committee
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- 2018 Young Leader Award recipient, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants