Cyber & Information Security: What Executives Need to Know, But May be Afraid to Ask
Focusing on achieving IT's promise, these webinars discuss the latest trends in IT, cloud computing developments, cyber security implications, IT management challenges, and linking IT with business strategy.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
11:00am - 11:45am
Given the current state of business operations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, reliance on IT systems has become more critical than ever. The FBI and other agencies have reported significant increases in attack vectors by hackers taking advantage of the current high stress levels and increased remote work climate.
Executives must not assume their systems and underlying data are secure. They are held accountable for ensuring proper security and privacy measures are put in place to address potential risks. As non-IT professionals, most executives rely on their internal and external IT resources to ensure their systems are secure, but often fail to ask relevant questions and look for specific measures in regard to their organization’s cyber readiness and risk levels.
This executive level briefing provides:
- An overview of the latest cyber threats reported by leading watchdog and law enforcement agencies
- Key questions every executive should ask their IT team about cyber security
- Clarification on how cyber security and information privacy are related but different
- A discussion surrounding the gap between IT and non-IT management on cyber-related issues
- Steps executives should take to better manage cyber-related risks
- Sassan S. Hejazi, Director, Technology Solutions
- Donald G. Cook, Senior Information Security Consultant, Technology Solutions