Center for Private Company Excellence Seminar: Shareholders' Agreements: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
8:30am - 9:30am Seminar
For private companies, a shareholders' agreement dictates the terms and conditions for how ownership is exchanged, sold, or transferred. This document governs a business owner's most important asset and oftentimes is overlooked.
This webinar provided a high-level overview of what to consider when preparing, reviewing, or updating your shareholders' agreement. We discussed the good, the bad, and the ugly of what they have seen in reviewing shareholders' agreements.
Agenda items included:
- Shareholder agreement risks and critical elements to include
- Considerations from a tax perspective
- What works and does not work in relation to shareholder agreements
- Brian Kitchen, Director, Tax Strategies, Kreischer Miller
- Thomas Yankanich, Director, Audit & Accounting, Kreischer Miller
- Peter Smith, Partner, Antheil Maslow & MacMinn, LLP
Click here to download the slides from the presentation.