Areas of Specialization
Tom has a wide range of experience providing business advisory and traditional audit and accounting services to a variety of businesses, including government contractors, engineers, architects, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and not-for-profit organizations. In addition, Tom serves as the audit director on several of Kreischer Miller’s employee benefit plan engagements. He also serves as a member of the firm’s ESOP Group. Tom has assisted clients with various business advisory services including acquisition due diligence, quality of earnings reporting, and bank refinancing.
For Government Contractors, Tom specializes in ensuring clients are compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations and preparing overhead audits for DOTs and other state and federal agencies. As a part of the Government Contracting Industry Group, Tom works with a number of Department of Defense contractors and many contractors supporting second tier government organizations such as Homeland Security. Tom has experience in the preparation of and consulting clients on their Incurred Cost Submissions. He also work with a number of professional service firms that support State Departments.
For Architectural and Engineering clients, Tom is very involved in looking at year-end tax planning for his professional service clients to determine that they are taking advantage of the cash basis method of accounting for tax purposes and the potential tax credits that they may be eligible.
Tom serves on Kreischer Miller’s Training Committee and is an instructor for Kreischer Miller’s in-house professional training seminars.
Thomas joined Kreischer Miller in 2005 upon his graduation from college.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants—Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants—Member
- Greater Valley Forge Transportation Association—Member
- Hawthorne Estates Association—Member of Board of Directors
- Boyertown Rotary Club—Member of Board of Directors
- ACEC PA CFO Committee—Member
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. —Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, Temple University
- FPS Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Certified
- Tri-County Young Professionals 20 in 2020 Award
- Greater Valley Forge Transportation Association 40 under 40 Award