Construction Tax and Accounting Reporting Issues: Contract Modifications, Accounting Methods, and PPP Loan Forgiveness
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
1:00pm - 2:50pm
This October 28th webinar will be presented by Kreischer Miller Directors and Construction Industry Co-Leaders Carlo Ferri and Mark Guillaume. Our panel will prepare tax professionals and advisers working with large and small construction contractors.
The current state of the economy has wreaked havoc on businesses. Many construction businesses applied for and received PPP loans. Although the loans were welcome, how to apply for and handle the forgiveness remains unclear. Decisions need to be made about the deductibility of the expenses relative to these loans before additional guidance is issued.
This webinar will address:
- Method considerations under the proposed regulations issued July 2020
- Properly handling contract modifications for book and tax methods
- PPP loan forgiveness and reporting PPP related expenses
- CARES Act impact on contractors
- Maximizing depreciation deductions after tax reform
- Update on ASC 606 for revenue recognition