Carlo R. Ferri, CPA
Director, Tax Strategies, Construction Industry Group Co-Leader
Areas of Specialization
Carlo is a Director in Kreischer Miller's Tax Strategies group. Carlo has a wide range of experience providing tax and business advisory services to privately-held companies in various industries including manufacturing, distribution, and construction. He advises owners and key executives through the various cycles of their business related to corporate and individual tax matters (i.e., growth, maturity, exit) and represents them in front of the IRS.
Carlo specializes in tax compliance and strategic planning. As the firm’s Construction Industry Group Co-Leader, he forms relationships with and educates construction companies and trade organizations in the region on tax matters that impact the industry and their businesses. He is currently the President of Construction Finance Management Associate of Philadelphia and on the Executive committee of Construction Industry CPAs and Consultants. Carlo’s extensive experience in business and tax-related topics has earned him the opportunity to present at external industry events on a regular basis. He also oversees the firm’s internal tax training programs.
Carlo is an active member of the community. In addition to participating in numerous accounting and construction industry groups, he is involved with several not-for-profit organizations. Specifically, Carlo is the Treasurer of More Kids on Bikes and is the youth coach for the Phoenixville Mountain Bike Team. Carlo is also a board member of the Chester County Chamber of Commerce and a board member and Treasurer for Habitat for Humanity of Chester County.
Carlo joined Kreischer Miller in 2006. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, he worked at a regional accounting firm in Pennsylvania, where his responsibilities included supervision and review of audits and tax planning of closely-held businesses and their owners. He currently resides in Phoenixville, PA with his wife and two children.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants — Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants — Member, currently active in the Federal Income Task Force, former member of the Executive Committee, former co-chair of the Emerging CPAs Committee
- Construction Financial Management Association of Philadelphia — Current President of the Philadelphia Chapter; Former Chair of the program and membership committee for the chapter
- Construction Industry CPA and Consultants — Member of the Executive Committee and Active member of the Tax Advisory Committee
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree in Taxation – Villanova University
- B.S. – Accounting, West Chester University
- Two time recipient of the Top 40 Under 40: PICPA Members