Our Tax Experts Will Help You Stay on Top of Income and Franchise Taxes
The complexity of state income and gross receipts taxes presents many opportunities to explore tax savings and address compliance risk. Although most states have net income and franchise-based taxes, some have enacted variations of gross receipts-based taxes, thus requiring broad knowledge and resources to respond to an ever-changing tax landscape.
States have made substantial changes in nexus and apportionment rules; many have outright replaced their tax systems. The compliance and accounting for such taxes can be cumbersome, creating a drain on tax department resources and company profits.
Today’s businesses are faced with a variety of questions and concerns, including:
- Are we up to date on all of the business operations changes that might impact our state tax filings?
- In how many states does our business have income, franchise, or gross receipts tax liabilities?
- How efficiently is our organization meeting filing deadlines, and at what cost to other important tax department activities?
- Is our team missing vital data that could impact our tax burden or that may trigger an assessment later?
- Are we capable of making tax decisions concurrently with the associated accounting decisions?
In a tax environment that is so heavily focused on change, it is important to understand the application of those changes to your business on a real time basis.
We invite you to connect with us to discuss your company’s state and local tax picture, and how we can help.
State and Local Tax Compliance Services
- State tax compliance and planning
- Audit defense
- Due diligence and transactional planning
- Nexus studies and voluntary disclosure agreements
- Strategic tax reviews