Compliance with sales and use tax laws in the construction industry is often difficult. The laws can be confusing, given that their application can vary depending on factors such as the type of project, the role of the contractor, and the use of materials involved. However, having a solid understanding of sales and use tax laws not only helps to protect your company from costly audits, but it can also help maximize your profitability in the bidding process.
This May 9, 2019 webinar provided::
- An overview of sales and use taxes in the construction industry
- Common sales and use tax pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Best practices for internal controls to administer and avoid overpaying/underpaying tax
- An understanding of what to expect if you find yourself facing a state audit
- Thomas M. Frascella, Director, Tax Strategies
- Reed Brown, Senior Accountant