Thursday, March 22, 2018
7:30am – 10:00am
For a private company, the shareholders’ agreement is one of the most important legal documents to maintain. Since private companies do not have a market for their stock, this agreement determines how shares can be transferred and it dictates the economic terms of how shareholders and the company will deal with each other.
Properly structured, it achieves fairness and protects the company as well as the shareholders and the family. However, many companies either don’t have one, or the one they have is old, outdated, and no longer relevant to the business which poses a significant risk.
Join us for this interactive and informative program that will cover:
- Common mistakes in many shareholders’ agreements and how to avoid them
- A checklist of key elements that must be part of every shareholders agreement
- How to structure your agreement properly to avoid risks
- How to structure the funding mechanisms in your agreement based on different triggering events
- How to establish a process to keep your agreement current and relevant to your company
- Mario O. Vicari, Director, Kreischer Miller
7:30am – 8:00am Registration
8:00am – 10:00am Seminar