We’re a month into 2018, and it’s very possible that your New Year’s resolutions have already faded into the background. But it’s not too late to assess how you’re doing and consider bettering yourself, whether at work or in your personal life.
For business executives and owners, being the best leader you can be is often a natural focus. With that in mind, and to provide you an inspirational boost, we’ve compiled this list of 18 quotes about leadership.
Here are 18 quotes for 2018 from leaders and observers on what leadership means.
- “The leader is one who, out of the clutter, brings simplicity…Out of discord, harmony…And out of difficulty, opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Leadership is an action, not a position.” – Donald McGannon
- “It’s not about money or connections—it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone.” – Mark Cuban
- “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one who gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.” – Unknown
- “The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.” – Harvey Firestone
- “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “To lead people, walk behind them.” – Lao Tzu
- “A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them.”— M. D. Arnold
- “The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes.” – Tony Blair
- “Doing what is right isn’t the problem. It is knowing what is right.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.” – Sam Walton
- “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
Contact us at 215.441.4600 or Email if you have questions or would like to discuss how this topic may impact your business.
You may also like: