Areas of Specialization:
Tom has a wide range of experience providing audit, Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), operational due diligence, and compliance services to firms in the investment industry. In addition, he:
- Helps clients maintain GIPS compliance while presenting their performance in the best light possible
- Assists entrepreneurs with starting investment firms and investment funds
- Performs operational due diligence for institutional investors seeking to understand operational risk at their investment managers and for managers seeking to better understand and control their operating systems
- Assists with hiring personnel
- Develops compensation methodologies
As the Investment Industry Group Leader, Tom works with a variety of investment managers, broker-dealers, investment funds, and institutional investors.
Tom joined Kreischer Miller in 1991 upon graduating from Bloomsburg University.
Professional and Business Affiliations:
- CFA Institute – Member
- GIPS Executive Committee (EC) — Member; the EC is responsible for the strategic development, promotion, and implementation of the GIPS Standards.
- Pooled Fund Working Group Advisory Team — Former member; The team is organized to assist with issues surrounding the GIPS standards and pooled funds.
- GIPS Verification Subcommittee – Former member; this subcommittee supports the GIPS EC and Technical Committee in governing the GIPS Standards.
- United States Investment Performance Committee (USIPC) – Former member; the USIPC serves as the U.S. country sponsor of the GIPS Standards.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
Education and Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM)
- M.B.A. – Finance, LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. – Accounting, Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA