Steven E. Staugaitis, CPA, CVA
Director, Audit & Accounting, Small Business Advisory Services Group Leader, Family-Owned Businesses Group Co-Leader
Areas of Specialization
Steve is the Director-In-Charge of Kreischer Miller’s Small Business Advisory practice, which provides integrated accounting, tax, and advisory services exclusively to small and mid-size privately-held companies, many of which are family-owned. He also serves as the co-leader of the firm’s Family Business practice. Steve has a wide range of experience providing accounting, tax, and business advisory services, which enables him to serve as a key advisor to his clients. He has worked with clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, construction, and various service organizations. As part of his role as an advisor, Steve helps companies analyze and understand their financial position, assists with evaluating acquisition opportunities, evaluates and structures transition plans, completes business valuations, and provides insight into company buy-sell agreements.
In addition to his client-facing responsibilities, Steve serves as an instructor for Kreischer Miller’s in-house professional training seminars. He is also a specialist in and leads the Family Business Structure content hub for Kreischer Miller’s Center for Private Company Excellence, a first-of-its-kind live and virtual community created exclusively for privately-held companies.
Steve joined Kreischer Miller in 2004. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, he was a manager at a national accounting firm headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, where his responsibilities included supervising the audits and tax returns of closely-held private businesses and their owners.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts – Member
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce – Board Member and Volunteer Treasurer
- Exit Planning Institute, Philadelphia Chapter – Leadership Committee Member
- Delaware Valley Family Business Center – Member and Thought Leadership Presenter
- Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce – Middle Market Action Team Member
- QNB Bank Community Advisory Board – Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- B.B.A. – Accounting, James Madison University