Areas of Specialization
Roman specializes in employee benefit plan engagements and has a wide range of experience providing audit and advisory services to all types of retirement plans including defined contribution and defined benefit plans, ESOPs, multi-employer plans and health and welfare plans. He has worked with small single employer plans, large corporations with multiple types of plans, and large multi-employer plans. Roman also educates plan fiduciaries and plan administrators to help them understand their responsibilities and he provides assistance with plan compliance issues and best practice recommendations. He is responsible for developing and providing firm wide training in the employee benefit plan area and attends both national and local conferences.
Roman joined Kreischer Miller in 2004. Prior to joining Kreischer Miller, he worked as a senior accountant at a local public accounting firm, where he provided accounting, audit, and tax services for a diversified client base of closely-held companies and employee benefit plans. He also served as accounting manager at SunGard, the largest privately held software and services company headquartered in Wayne, PA.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, member of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, member of the Employee Benefits Plan Committee
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, Shippensburg University
- 2016 Young Leader Award recipient, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants