Roman Leshak, Jr., CPA
Director, Audit & Accounting, Employee Benefit Plan Group Leader
Areas of Specialization
Roman is a Director in Kreischer Miller’s Audit & Accounting group. Roman specializes in employee benefit plan engagements and related plan advisory services. He has a wide range of experience providing audit and business advisory services to defined contribution profit sharing plans, 403(b) plans, defined benefit plans, ESOP plans and multi-employer pension plans. He works on plans ranging from small single employer plans to large corporations with multiple types of plans. Roman also educates plan fiduciaries and plan administrators, helping them understand their overall fiduciary responsibilities, provides assistance with plan compliance issues and introduces best practice recommendations based on his extensive experience. He is responsible for developing and providing firm-wide training in the employee benefit plan area and attends both national and local conferences.
Roman joined Kreischer Miller in 2004. Prior to joining Kreischer Miller, he worked as a senior accountant at a local public accounting firm, where he provided accounting, audit, and tax services for a diversified client base of closely-held companies and employee benefit plans. He also served as accounting manager at SunGard Data Systems, the largest privately held software and services company headquartered in Wayne, PA.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, member of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, member of the Employee Benefits Plan and Professional Ethics Committees, member of the Conference Planning Subcommittee
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, Shippensburg University
- 2016 Young Leader Award recipient, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants