Areas of Specialization
As Kreischer Miller’s Director of Risk Management, Laurie is responsible for overseeing the firm’s Quality Control function to ensure that client engagements comply with professional standards and exceed client expectations. She also oversees firm compliance with a variety of professional requirements including continuing education, licensing, and peer review. Finally, Laurie is responsible for establishing policies and procedures to reduce risk throughout the firm.
Laurie joined Kreischer Miller in 1998. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, she was the Quality Assurance Manager at Shotz, Miller, Glusman, Footer & Magarick in Philadelphia, where her responsibilities included oversight of policies, procedures, and overall quality for the Audit & Accounting department. She was manager of Audit & Accounting for BDO after its acquisition of Shotz, Miller, Glusman, Footer & Magarick and provided services for a variety of industries. Laurie also worked at KPMG in Philadelphia and Boston, where she provided audit services primarily for the insurance and banking industries.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts
- Masters in Professional Accounting – Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- B.A. – Economics and English, Colby College, Waterville, ME