Frank L. Varanavage, CPA, CFE
Director, Audit & Accounting, Investment Industry Group
Areas of Specialization
Franks is a Director in Kreischer Miller's Audit & Accounting group. Frank has a wide range of experience in the investment industry, including providing traditional audit services to investment managers, hedge funds, and broker/dealers. He also performs custody examinations in accordance with the Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 206 (4)-2, GIPS verifications and composite examinations, and assists firms in implementing the GIPS standards. In addition, he performs due diligence throughout the United States and Europe to assist investors in understanding the operational risk inherent in their investment managers’ operations.
In addition, Frank is in charge of Kreischer Miller’s Career Counseling program , which aims to offer individualized attention, guidance, and support to our team members. The program focuses on fostering the professional growth of counselees, helping them explore their goals and identify strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
Frank also assists in the development and instruction of in-house professional training and topics relating to the investment industry, career counselling and fraud.
Frank joined Kreischer Miller in 2009. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, he was a supervisor at a regional accounting firm in Center City Philadelphia, where his primary area of concentration was financial statement audits of mutual funds and mutual fund management companies.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- LaSalle Advisory Council for Accounting – Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Member
- Philadelphia Area Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- B.S. – Accounting, LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA