Areas of Specialization
David retired from Kreischer Miller in May 2022. David provided audit, tax, and management consulting services for a variety of clients and industry groups. His areas of expertise included government contractors, engineers, architects, and other professional service-related companies. He served as an instructor for in-house professional training seminars and conducted seminars throughout Pennsylvania regarding compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations. David advised clients on either buying or selling their businesses and completed over $1 billion in transactions. He developed unique due diligence and post-acquisition tools to facilitate successful merger & acquisition transactions.
David served as a member of the firm’s ESOP Group. He advised owners on business transition and succession strategies and assisted numerous companies in developing a comprehensive succession plan that addresses the owner’s liquidity needs and also addresses the company’s cash flows.
As the former Government Contracting Industry Group Leader, David worked with a number of Department of Defense contractors and many contractors supporting second tier government organizations such as Homeland Security and the Department of Energy. He also worked with a number of professional service firms that support state Departments of Transportation and other state agencies, to assist them with their indirect cost rates.
As the former leader of the Professional Services Industry Group, David was very involved in looking at the year-end tax planning for his professional service clients to determine whether they were taking advantage of the cash basis method of accounting for tax purposes and also the potential tax credits for which they may have been eligible.
In addition, David assisted clients in obtaining loans from banks. As a former bank CFO, he understood the underwriting process and was able to present the loan proposal in terms that were easily understandable. David was very involved in advising clients of the rules and regulations surrounding PPP loans.
David joined Kreischer Miller in 1994. Prior to joining Kreischer Miller, he was the Chief Financial Officer for a local bank. He also worked for a large national accounting firm, where he audited financial institutions and closely-held companies. David has been coaching Horsham’s Challenger Baseball League—a league for disabled children—for over 25 years and owns a tree farm in Western Pennsylvania.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Horsham Rotary – Past President, and 2010 Ike Jarrett Memorial Award Winner for significant contributions to the community
- Supply Force Account Management – Officer and member of the Board of Directors
- Greater Valley Forge Transportation Association – Member
- College Settlement – Member of the Finance Committee
- American Council of Engineering Companies – Member
- Engineers Club of Philadelphia – Member
- American Institute of Architects – Associate Member
- National Defense Industrial Association – Board Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Washington and Jefferson College