Areas of Specialization
Elizabeth has more than 21 years of experience in all phases of client service. Her experience in auditing and consulting includes serving a wide variety of not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations, including social service organizations, cultural organizations, membership associations, and private foundations. Elizabeth is experienced in performing audits in accordance with certain federal, state, and local requirements, as well as engagements requiring certain compliance and programmatic reporting. She works with clients on accounting for endowments, contributions, and government funding; valuating internal control procedures; and implementing various recommendations for improved policies and increased efficiencies.
Elizabeth is one of the region’s leaders in educating not-for-profits. She has presented on various industry hot topics, including accounting practices and internal controls, restricted funds, Form 990 reporting and compliance, financial management, governance issues, and fraud. Elizabeth was a key presenter at the PICPA’s 2017 Not-for-Profit Conference addressing the new revenue recognition standard and its impact on not-for-profits, and has also presented to the national Public Media Business Association (PMBA) on best practices for not-for-profit organizations and various accounting updates. She is a frequent contributor and speaker for The Nonprofit Center at La Salle University’s School of Business’ educational programs.
Elizabeth joined Kreischer Miller in November 2016. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, Elizabeth was an Assurance Director at BDO USA, LLP in Philadelphia, PA, where she was the co-leader of BDO Philadelphia’s Nonprofit and Education Industry Group.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Children’s Literacy Initiative – Member of the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey – Chair of the Financial Review Committee and member of the Impact Strategy Policy Committee
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, St. Joseph’s University
- Accredited Fellow, AICPA Academy for Exempt Organizations
- Participant (2010), UWSEPA Young Leaders Program – Board Orientation