Competitive benefits and perks
At Kreischer Miller, we offer all of our team members the following benefits:
Comprehensive employee benefits
- Group medical, dental, and vision plans
- Group life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Identity fraud expense coverage
- Individual supplemental disability insurance and long-term care insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan – Eligibility for participation after 30 days with firm match
- Employee assistance program
Our employee assistance program, offered through e4health, coordinates with our medical plans and provides access to trained Master’s level counselors, telephonic work-life concierge-type services, and a website which contains a wealth of resources on topics such as travel, pet care, relocation services, consumer information, and much more. This is a valuable, free servie available to all our team members.
- Wellness program
We sponsor a comprehensive wellness program which offers cash incentives for participating in various wellness activities and services. The program also includes:
- On-site flu vaccination
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office for all team members
- Team wellness challenges
- Access to wellness experts, on-site health screenings, and wellness seminars
Work-Life Integration Programs:
Kreischer Miller supports the need for work-life integration by providing the following benefits:
- Core Hours
Under our Core Hours program, our client-facing employees have the opportunity to customize their working hours to accommodate personal commitments. Whether they need to plan for childcare drop-offs or mid-day doctor’s appointments, we understand that they have lives outside of work and we will help them navigate them.
- Parental Leave
Our parental leave policy provides time for both mothers and fathers to bond with their new child (whether by birth or adoption). Mothers receive eight weeks of leave at full pay. Fathers receive two weeks of leave at full pay. For mothers who would like to gradually return to a full-time schedule after maternity leave, we offer a full-time salary for a part-time schedule during a mother’s first 30-days of transition back to full-time employment.
- Alternative Work Arrangements
Beyond our Core Hours program, we offer a number of ways for our employees to design their schedules to meet their work and personal commitments. Options include part-time, flex-time, or full-time adjusted schedules.
- Counseling and Mentoring
Peer-to-peer mentoring and formal guidance are critical to all of our team members’ success. As a result, throughout their careers we ensure that they are matched with counselors and mentors that meet them where they are and are dedicated to helping them get where they want to go.
- Personalized Growth Paths
Creating a career plan that is tailored to each employee’s goals is important to ensure that they achieve their fullest potential. We also recognize that plans sometimes change and there may come a time that someone might want to pursue a different path. When this happens, we work with each individual to develop a personalized growth path that aligns their talents, skills, and career plans to the firm’s needs.
Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, holidays, summer hours, and time off for community service
- Summer hours
Between the Memorial Day and Labor Day holidays, we close our office at 3:00 p.m. on Fridays, allowing you to start your weekends early during the summer.
- Kreischer Miller Cares
As part of our Kreischer Miller Cares program, we sponsor an annual Day of Service event, during which we close our office and send our team members to various local organizations to conduct service projects. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in firm-organized events to support charitable organizations like the Easter Seals and United Way, as well as participate in food drives to support a nearby food bank and our annual adopt-a-family program which provides food and gifts to needy families around the holidays.
Career development and financial incentives
- Discounted CPA exam review program
As part of our focus on professional development, we offer a discounted rate for the Becker CPA Review. We will also pay the fee for this course directly to Becker and allow you to take as long as 12 months to pay back this amount.
- CPA exam incentive program
We provide an incentive bonus if you pass the CPA exam within two years of your hire date.
- PICPA dues and license fees paid by the firm
- Paid continuing professional education
- Regular performance appraisals, informal mentoring program, mentoring resources, and individual development plans to help you to build your accounting career
- Employee referral program
You have the opportunity to earn a bonus up to $10,000 for referring a qualified candidate that joins the Kreischer Miller team.
Firm events and additional perks
- Annual firm picnic
- Annual holiday party
- Children’s holiday party
- After busy season blast
- Annual bowling and golf outings
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Free weeknight dinners and Saturday lunches provided by the firm during busy season
- Free on-site fitness facility
- Game and relaxation rooms
- Intramural sports teams
- On-site dry cleaning
- Costco memberships
- Free Netflix movie rentals
- Jeans casual dress code policy