Center for Private Company Excellence Seminar: Why an ESOP Works for Me – A Panel Discussion
Thursday, May 4, 2017
7:30am - 10:15am
ESOPs are becoming a more widely used transfer strategy for many private companies as they represent a viable alternative to a third party sale. The principal reason for this is that an ESOP can address more of the owners' motives beyond money, including increased control, taking care of employees, and continuing the legacy of the business.
- Where ESOPs fit within the business transfer spectrum and the principal advantages and disadvantages compared to the other choices
- Which companies represent good ESOP candidates and which do not
- The pros and cons of an ESOP strategy
- Why the panelists' companies decided to sell an ESOP and what were the principal reasons for that choice
- What has worked well in our panelists' ESOPs and the lessons they have learned
- Mario O. Vicari - Director, Kreischer Miller
- James Steiker - Chairman and CEO, SES Advisors
- Rose Bougher - President, A.D. Marble & Company
- Ken Baker - Chief Executive Officer, New Age Industries, Inc.
- Bruce Carnevale, Executive Vice President, Bradford White Corporation