Areas of Specialization
Carlo has extensive experience providing tax and business advisory services for privately-held companies in various industries including manufacturing, distribution, and construction. He helps these companies, including their owners and key executives through the various cycles (i.e. growth, maturity, exit) of their business related to corporate and individual tax matters, as well as representing them in front of the IRS. As the Construction Industry Group Co-Leader, he specializes in tax compliance and strategic planning for the construction industry. He also serves as an instructor for Kreischer Miller’s in-house professional training on topics related to the construction industry. In addition, Carlo has been actively involved in advising clients with tax strategies on the new Tangible Property Regulation and Cost Segregation Services along with solar and other alternative energy projects.
Carlo joined Kreischer Miller in 2006. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, he worked at a regional accounting firm in Pennsylvania, where his responsibilities included supervision and review of audits, review, and tax planning of closely-held businesses and their owners. Carlo is a frequent speaker to outside organizations on various business and tax related topics. He recently participated in a roundtable discussion with members of the Internal Revenue Service on the topic of the new Tangible Property Regulation. He provided his viewpoint to the other CPAs in the audience on the practical applications of these new rules.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member, former member of the Executive Committee, former co-chair of the Emerging CPAs Committee
- Construction Financial Management Association – Active member of the programs and membership committees
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- Master’s Degree in Taxation – Villanova University
- B.S. – Accounting, West Chester University
- Two time recipient of the Top 40 Under 40: PICPA Members to Watch award