Areas of Specialization
John has a wide range of experience providing audit, accounting, and business advisory services to a variety of businesses, including real estate developers and investors, construction contractors, manufacturers, distribution companies, professional service organizations, magazine publishers, and transportation companies. He also helps businesses obtain financing, performs acquisition due diligence and analyses of business transactions, and conducts internal control reviews and fraud risk assessments. As the Real Estate Industry Group Leader, John works with a large number of developers, owners, investors, and property managers of commercial properties, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial use, and multi-family apartment complexes, as well as homebuilders and real estate service companies.
John joined Kreischer Miller in 2004. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, John was an Audit Manager at Smart & Associates, LLP in Devon, PA, where his responsibilities included providing accounting and audit services for a diversified client base of closely-held companies and not-for-profit entities. He also has accounting experience in the private sector with an international transportation company and a large pharmaceutical company.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member and serves on the Construction Industry Committee
- Urban Land Institute, Philadelphia Chapter – Member and serves on the Capital Markets Council
- Apartment Association of Greater Philadelphia – Member
- Construction Financial Management Association – Member and serves on the Membership Committee
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional