Areas of Specialization
Maxine has a wide range of experience providing audit, accounting, and business consultation services to a variety of not-for-profit organizations including social services, affordable housing, arts and cultural, membership associations, and foundations. As the Not-for-Profit Industry Group Leader, Maxine advises exempt entities on a broad range of projects and issues including capital funding, federal and state grant compliance, development of cost allocation plans, internal control evaluation, performance audits, budget development, and governance policies and procedures.
Maxine is committed to keeping clients informed of current industry developments and recently-issued accounting standards. She also serves as an instructor for Kreischer Miller’s in-house and external professional training seminars, and serves as editor of Kreischer Miller’s Not-for-Profit industry newsletter.
Maxine joined Kreischer Miller in 1998. Prior to working for Kreischer Miller, she was a senior auditor at Deloitte in Philadelphia, where her client responsibilities included supervising audits of public sector clients such as public universities, counties, municipalities, and not-for-profit organizations. Prior to her public accounting experience, Maxine owned and operated a privately-held business in Ambler, PA for 12 years where she managed the finances, supervised employees, controlled inventory, managed production, determined pricing, and was responsible for business development and marketing.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Child, Home and Community – President of the Board of Directors
- Institute of Management Accountants – Board member and former President
- Temple University Accounting Circle– Executive Committee member
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – Member
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania
- B.S. – Accounting, Temple University