GETTING ACQUISITIONS RIGHT: BEST PRACTICES FROM PRIVATE COMPANY BUYERS
May 14, 2014
7:30am to 10:30am
Kreischer Miller, Horsham
Many companies never realize their primary goals from an acquisition, but we have several clients who have been very successful in this arena. This seminar will cover best practices in acquiring other companies and provide real-life examples of clients who have had successful acquisitions.
Join our panelists for an interactive and practical seminar that will cover:
- How to identify companies that may be potential acquirees
- Due diligence: how much and areas to cover
- Structure: buy stock or assets
- Tax considerations
- Integration and key employee considerations
- David E. Shaffer, Director, Kreischer Miller
- Patrick R. Laphen, Lionheart Ventures
- James F. McCormick, Boenning & Scattergood
- Kevin Soder, MacAulay Brown
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Breakfast and networking
8:00 AM – 10:30 AM Seminar
Attendees will receive 2 hours of professional education credit for participating. More details below.
2 CPE Credits. Learning objectives: Overview of ways privately-held companies can use acquisitions as a growth strategy. This is an overview course presented in a live group environment. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation required.
CPE Provider: Kreischer Miller
New Jersey: 20CE00209200 (CE2092)
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.