Areas of Specialization
Steve is a Director with Kreischer Miller and served as the firm’s Managing Director from 2002-2017. During his tenure as Managing Director, Kreischer Miller grew into one of the largest accounting, tax, and advisory firms in the U.S. and was recognized as a Best of the Best Accounting Firm by INSIDE Public Accounting and a Top Workplace by Philly.com.
Steve has more than 35 years of diversified experience providing business advisory, accounting and auditing, and tax services to privately-held businesses across a variety of industries. He often consults on matters of governance, organizational issues, leadership, strategic planning, financing, and M&A matters–all skills he has honed serving in leadership roles for numerous business, professional, and community organizations.
Steve joined Kreischer Miller in 1985 and was named Managing Director in 2002. He previously led the firm’s Audit & Accounting services group and served on the firm’s Executive Committee. Prior to joining Kreischer Miller, Steve was a member of the management group of Price Waterhouse in Philadelphia.
Professional and Business Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member; Former member of the Board of Directors; Governing Council; Professional & Personal Liability Insurance Program Committee; Advisory Committee of the Group 400
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – President Elect; Member; Former member of the PICPA Council; Executive Committee; and various other committees and task forces
- Pennsylvania CPA Foundation—Board of Directors
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants — Member
- Wake Forest University Greater Philadelphia Alumni Organization – Past President
- Board member of a number of companies and civic and charitable organizations in the Greater Philadelphia area
Education, Certifications, and Awards
- Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- M.B.A. – Corporate Finance, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. – Business Administration, Wake Forest University
- 2017 Legends Award recipient, LEA Global
- 2017 Edward Town Taws Community Service Award recipient, Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America